Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shiver Me Tiny Timbers

After taking a substantial break from onesie creations, I'm back in business. I made this little pirate ship piece for a very dear friend of mine who just had a sweet baby boy. It came out really cute, but the needle kept trying to push the really thin parts (like the prow of the ship) down to where the bobbin is (if that makes sense). I just heard about some sort of backing fabric that is used for appliques, and I think that could help this problem. I have so much to learn about sewing!


7 comments:

Molly W. said...

super cute as always JJ!

Anonymous said...

You already know more than me about sewing, and pirate ships too...who knew that was called a "prow"?

Sleepless Stitch said...

I absolutely love it!! I know some friends who would love that little pirate ship! We like pirates and tall ships. :)

Anonymous said...

so the photo didn't come through on the email so i'm SOOOO glad you posted this! ARRRGH! Ryder is so excited to sport such a kickin onesie!

Judy Kellner said...

JJ, who would think that a pirate ship could be so cute! Love it!!

Pauly Heller said...

That is absolutely adorable, JJ!

Miss Pris said...

shes gona be very cute there jj wow very happy for you girl :)