Friday, December 21, 2007

Kellner Christmas

Since we're spending Christmas (the traditionally celebrated date of the 25th) with Dave's family this year, we decided to have Kellner Christmas a few weeks early. I forget why my dad and sister are pointing at the tree, but they look like they're having fun.

My mom bought 2 battery-powered disc-shooting guns which provided much entertainment... especially for the men-folk.

The foam discs ended up ALL over the house.

Mom made an AMAZING roast (I forgot to take a photo) that took an hour longer in the oven than the butcher said it would (boo butcher). Meanwhile, Mom asked Dad to peel the potatoes and put them in boiling water to cook (to be used for mashed potatoes). Dad, never making mashed potatoes before, did not cube the potatoes, but put them whole into the water. Good thing Mom noticed, or else we would've waited a LONG time for our beloved side dish (or main course according to my sister).

A highlight of the evening was when Dave and Dad modeled some sleeping masks, and Dad couldn't get his to fit right. Meanwhile Dave had his on and didn't know why everyone else was laughing. I wish I could explain it better, but it was quite humorous.

Dave and I are high-fiving with our little starbucks gift-card holders... What a merry Kellner Christmas :)

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

great photos... freaking hilarious... whole potatoes...