I had a few obstacles to overcome while making this little changing mat for Lucy. My first problem was that I didn't have any batting or stuffing here in Phoenix (it's packed up in Nashville). I wanted to make a padded headrest for her like the one in her old changing mat, so I just folded some soft flannel and sewed it in! It worked perfectly.
The second problem was that I bought the wrong kind of bias tape. I should've bought much wider tape, but I didn't want to go back to the store to get the right kind. So, I just ironed what I had to have one fold down the middle... which meant that I would have exposed raw edges on both sides. I didn't want it all to fray, so I did a tight a zigzag stitch on the edge (which was almost the death of my sewing machine).
It's definitely not perfect, but it's pretty darn cute.
This is what it looks like all folded up.