Friday, December 4, 2009

Introducing...

...Lilly the doll!
I can't believe how long it took me to make her, but she's finished!


I had to learn how to backstitch and satin stitch with embroidery floss to make her face :).

It was fun to add my own little touches like:
... a ruffle on the bottom and velcro to the back of the tunic instead of a button...

.. pockets and a button on the pants..

... a felt flower to her hair...

... and finally, a little heart to show Lilly's affection for her new best friend! I bought that fabric with little hearts all over it a long time ago not sure what I would use it for. I'm so glad I bought it now! It was the perfect finishing touch for a home-made doll for Lucy's first birthday. I can't wait to give it to her.

A big thank-you to hop skip jump for making such a charming little pattern.

14 comments:

Jenn said...

that's so adorable!!

Shelley said...

the I love Lucy part makes me want to cry! One day she will be sharing this special doll with her daughter :) It makes my heart smile

Tracey Jacobsen said...

That is so great JJ!!! I love her... I need to add you to my blog list. And come see mine too! :)

megan said...

JJ that is SO cute!! :)

Molly W. said...

that is beautiful JJ!!! WOW!

Sanna said...

Good job, JJ! I love it!

Unknown said...

That is so darling!
I love it!!!
She'll love it!

Great job mom!

Angela said...

WOW. that is amazing. great job! soo precious and special. i am sure she will love it.

Kat @ Inspired To Action said...

I'm totally impressed. She'll treasure that doll for a long, long time.

Kinda makes me wish I was crafty.

Saying to my daughters, "Look girls at the xhtml valid website I made for you..." doesn't quite have the same warm fuzzy feel to it...

Stefanie Blakely said...

SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

a beautiful piece of work. guaranteed to be her favorite dolly. happy birthday lucy:)

Grumpy but sweet said...

she is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

oh man this is SOOOOO Cute!!!! i can only imagine the joys and memories Lucy will share with Lilly...
-PAIGE-

debbie said...

this is wonderful!!! love it and i'm thinking i may have to make one for my bella-raisa :)