Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lucy's Party

This morning I was setting up for Lucy's party and I decided that there was a shortage of festive decorations. So.. I made a little pink and purple birthday banner, which cheered everything up in a hurry!

I've never been a big fan of buttercream frosting, so I made some whipped cream and added some fun pink sprinkles.

Here's my little birthday beauty in her home-made crown! Boy, was she cute :)

We tried to coax her to blow out the candle, but she just kept reaching for the pretty fire with her hand. We ended up helping her extinguish the flame.

I thought there would be cake and whipped cream everywhere, but Lucy was very composed about the whole thing. I think she was just trying to take it all in.

I was so thrilled to see how much she loves Lilly the doll!

She just kept hugging her and nuzzling her face. Oh what good it did a mama's heart!

Happy Birthday my darling girl.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Happy 1st Birthday Lucy girl! I can't believe your sweetie is one already. It seems as if you had just announced your pregnancy. Isn't being a mother wonderful? :)

Jessi said...

That last picture is adorable!!!! How sweet she loves the dolly her mommy made her! Love it! Happy 1st birthday Lucy!

brandi said...

I don't like frosting either. Here's the recipe I use:

1 cup whipping cream
1 cup whole milk
1 small package instant pudding, any flavor

Whip all ingredients in a chilled bowl, until desired thickness for spreading.


It's so yummy!
(Love your blog by the way. You performed at the Journey Church in San Jose a couple years ago, and I loved your music. Found your blog after that, and have loved seeing all your craft projects...I started sewing last year myself!)

The Porter Family said...

That is so sweet! What a perfect reaction to her doll :)

Pauly said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Lucy Love! I hope you and Lilly e joy a long and wonderful friendship. Good job, Mama!

Laura said...

It has been precious to watch her grow through your year and 9 months of blog posts.
Thank you for sharing this sweet part of your life.

I listen to your music and now think of you
as Lucy Love's mama.

{{* *}}

Diana said...

she is beautiful

Becky said...

JJ...I started reading your blog a little over a year ago, before Lucy was born...I've commented a few times...happy birthday to Lucy! I've started making hats and I'm giving one away over on my blog...www.dudishdiaries.blogspot.com check it out:)I love the idea of making a doll..I'd actually been searching and searching to find a pattern when I saw the one you found...totally using it for my baby's first birthday in a few months!

The Duct Tape Lady said...

I'm so happy all your hard work paid off! I really like Lily's "I Love Lucy" heart! Soooo sweet and cute!
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, LUCY LOVE!

Sanna said...

Happy Birthday, Lucy Love!

Anonymous said...

almost pussy play time