Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bedding

Look at me! Two posts in one week! I can't tell you what a sense of accomplishment I feel right now.

So let's get to the point. Dave loves our down comforter, so that's what we've been using. However, we didn't have a duvet cover which means we couldn't wash it (which means... yucky). I was planning to go to Home Goods to buy a white duvet cover, but then I saw something lovely.

Here are my thoughts. After I made the curtains (which I haven't posted about yet because I haven't actually finished them yet), our bedroom started to feel a little bit too country for my taste. I love the fabric for the curtains, but I really wanted to balance it out with some modern elements. I couldn't quite figure out how to do it until today.

See what I mean about the curtains? Cute, but country... especially next to that antique chair.


Here's another before shot:

And now with the new duvet cover!

With the curtains in the background....

I also found this brown felt throw pillow on sale for $12.

I love that there are a ton of patterns going on in the room, but somehow they all go together. It makes my inner-decorator smile :).

p.s. I just bought it today, so if you want one for yourself, run out to Home Goods right now and get one before they're gone!

12 comments:

Stephanie Vallejo said...

The color combinations are great and work well together. You definitely have an eye for decorating.

J.Black said...

First, Im a huge Homegoods fan!!! Love the place. Second, I love your color combinations! Such a cute and airy room. Definitely not too country :) Looks fabulous!

Sarah Bradshaw said...

Love it so much!!

Unknown said...

LOVE that pattern! LOVELY! Very Pottery Barn!

april said...

Its so lovely! Im not a country theme lover, but your design makes me wanna go wow. Im amazed on how other people can do room decorations like this. Wont you agree,Homegoods is the best!

Pink Baby Bedding
Baby Bedding Sets

Leah said...

super cute! i love chocolate brown on bedding, my bed has a similar color scheme. love it!

it's cool you are brave enough to mix n match different patterns . . . i don't think i am . . . and you totally pulled it off!

Creative Mama said...

DANG! Seriously WANT those shams!!!

habecker said...

welcome to the *wonderful* world of duvet covers and all they entail.. :)

Unknown said...

I love that your bedroom walls are gray. We just painted ours a light gray and I have been trying to figure out how to keep our oak bedroom set (since replacing would be costly) and give it a whole new look away from country. I've been playing with color ideas and your choices just blow the lid off of the idea of things have to match-match. Your color and pattern mixes look great. Very inspirational!

Frances said...

Love how you mix and match. I am too scared to try prints but I love them. I will challenge myself soon as I am in the market for a new duvet.

Living the Dream said...

JJ - quick question: I am in the market for a real nice camera. Any advice from the professional?

Sarah said...

I'm dying to see a picture of your bathroom! I have the same sort of funky style, but can't for the life of me decorate a bathroom to be funky-functional. I can't stand the sterile feeling, but there is only so much you can do with paint, and artwork that won't get damaged/moldy from being steamed daily!