Tuesday, October 9, 2007

New Sewing Book




Dave bought me this really great book for my birthday (above) by Lotta Jansdotter. I've made a few things from the patterns inside... some turned out better than others. Since we're going to Hawaii, I thought I'd try my hand at the sun hat. The pieces didn't really line up the way they should've. and the hat doesn't really fit right either. I did some research online, and it seems that others had similar problems. They all said the brim is really big and makes it hard to see :). Here's one gal's creation:

And here's mine:

And here's a tote bag I made from a "Lotta" pattern. I also used her bird applique pattern that I love. I thought it would be a good beach bag

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

so jj... do you think Lotta Dandotter... is her real name... or his... ? Lotta is really a funny first name... :)

Creative Mama said...

by the way... it will be a nice hat for the beach... if it blows away you won't be too sad...

amy butler has one that's really cute too with a wider brim... I've seen it on her website...