Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Revamp

My thoughtful mother-in-law found this ikea bed canopy at a yard sale almost two years ago for Lucy's room.
While I really like it, I wanted to change it up a bit for Nora's new room. I found this sheet of linen scrapbook paper that I've decided to use as the color inspiration for the nursery.
With that in mind, I chose a rust red corduroy (that looks velvety) to alter the canopy. I cut off the old flags.
Then I made a template for my new flags.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out! It's sort-of a cross between between a flower and a circus.
Here it is up close.
Six weeks to go!

9 comments:

Full Circle said...

love, love love the color of the *crown*.

christiejayne said...

I love it! Great idea!

Alexis said...

Beautiful!

sasha said...

Lovely! Good choice1 I love the new shape to the flags. As you said it looks more like a flowery covering! What a creative creature you are. You truly are gifted!

LorieN said...

JJ, you are amazing! I love your projects. Thanks for sharing!!

cottagepinkperfection said...

Awesome job, I absolutely love it! Love all of your ideas. When you get a chance to breath, we need more!
Blessings 2 U
and your growing
family!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! What a great "recycled" project!

Drea said...

You are so trendy!

Lewis Clark said...

You’re always doing great work and come up with new things. Everybody should try new things. Appreciate your efforts.