Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Revamp

My thoughtful mother-in-law found this ikea bed canopy at a yard sale almost two years ago for Lucy's room.
While I really like it, I wanted to change it up a bit for Nora's new room. I found this sheet of linen scrapbook paper that I've decided to use as the color inspiration for the nursery.
With that in mind, I chose a rust red corduroy (that looks velvety) to alter the canopy. I cut off the old flags.
Then I made a template for my new flags.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out! It's sort-of a cross between between a flower and a circus.
Here it is up close.
Six weeks to go!

8 comments:

Full Circle said...

love, love love the color of the *crown*.

christiejayne said...

I love it! Great idea!

TasteSkittles_EatTheRainbow said...

Beautiful!

sasha said...

Lovely! Good choice1 I love the new shape to the flags. As you said it looks more like a flowery covering! What a creative creature you are. You truly are gifted!

LorieN said...

JJ, you are amazing! I love your projects. Thanks for sharing!!

cottagepinkperfection said...

Awesome job, I absolutely love it! Love all of your ideas. When you get a chance to breath, we need more!
Blessings 2 U
and your growing
family!

stace said...

Beautiful! What a great "recycled" project!

Drea said...

You are so trendy!