Boy, have I been nesting! I've had so much fun re-imagining the nursery for Nora (due in less than three weeks!). As you know, I updated the canopy over the crib, and then I had a moment of brilliance! I remembered that we had a big canvas in the office covered with a fabric the same color as the new canopy. I moved it into the nursery just to see if it worked, and it was PERFECT. I love it when things work out that way.
BUT, with that new, bold fabric in the mix, I had to change out the crib skirt. I decided to make my own from a cute white and blue polka dot fabric.
So, I cut and hemmed the existing curtains, but they were just too plain. Because of this, I decided to liven them up a bit! I hardly had any fabric leftover from the big canvas and the crib skirt, so I had to brainstorm to figure out what would work.
Then I had the idea to make a patchwork strip to sew across the bottom of the curtain, using the few scraps I had, plus a few other coordinating fabric pieces.