Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lucy Love-Birds

I just finished another nursery project that I've been planning for months now. I found the branch at a Nashville park where Dave and I go for walks. I sewed 3 birds using this free pattern that I altered a little bit. After attaching the birds, it still seemed like something was missing, so I used the bumper pad fabric to make little leaves.

My vision was to hang the branch from the ceiling, but Dave wasn't too excited about making two big holes up there, so we came up with a compromise. We ended up attaching the two strings to the curtain rods. It's not exactly how I pictured it, but it's still super cute.



I only have a few more projects to go until it's all done!

13 comments:

Colleen Oakes said...

JJ,
I love your style! When I designed my new office space (which I just posted pictures of on the blog), I totally thought..."What would JJ do...."

Yup. Still your secret best friend!

Unknown said...

The birds are just darling! What a great idea. :)

The Porter Family said...

That is so unique! Unique in a very good way! Love it :)

Brini said...

JJ you are so creative!! People would pay good money to have you design their baby's nursery!

Pam Morris said...

That is precious! When we have babies I might just steal your idea ;)

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet! :) I haven't done anything for Sean's room beyond buying the crib bedding set and a couple of other things here and there....(whistling) No decorating yet. But he'll be in a bassinet in our room for awhile anyway.

BUT....you're love birds are very sweet. You're so creative!

Kaylyn said...

So Cute!! So funny too- I am currently working on these same birds for a bird mobile in a friend's little girl nursery!! The branch you found is perfect!

Molly W. said...

SO darling and very creative JJ! Have so much fun w/ Sar! Give her a hug for me too! :)

Julie said...

This is super random and you dont even know me but I love you music so much and I follow you blog because you have so many creative ideas...but how do you display your categories on your page like you do? I have been trying to and I just can't seem to figure it out.

Christopher Hopper said...

JJ,

Just downloaded your newest album for free off your site (via the Rabbit Room). First off, thank you for making it free for a limited time; this is brilliant. Secondly, thank you for producing such a heartfelt collection of songs.

One word...

Wow.

CH

Judy Kellner said...

Looking forward to enjoying all of your new nursery creations in December! Lucy's birthday countdown is now 50 and Saturday brings us into the 40's!!!!

Denise Karis said...

I love it! Really cute - I totally want to steal this the first chance i get - Maybe for my 2nd kid :P Cant wait to see what the finished nursery looks like

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!