Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shower #1

My mom and her friends threw me such a wonderful baby shower! So many special ladies showed up and I felt so loved. These are photos taken by others to commemorate the event...

The day of my shower also happened to be my mom's birthday. This is a photo of her with the apron I made for her. She requested black and red to match her kitchen colors (she's holding it lining-side-out, but you get the idea :).

A woman from my church made these fantastic cupcakes... lemon with lemon curd, and chocolate with nutella. So good.

Mom, sister and me surrounded by an unbelievable amount of gifts. Lucy is spoiled already!

It was so great to have Steph there to celebrate with us. She wrote down who gave me what (for thank-you note purposes), and also found ways to express a bit of silliness :).

I'm so glad that some of my dear friends from college and high school could make it! Thanks SO much for making the drive, Debbie. I love you girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated baby shower! You have wonderful friends and family. And the cupcakes...wow, they look and sound yummy.

Judy Kellner said...

Lucy's shower was a total gift of love from my wonderful friends. It was great fun! Bet you wish you could get that many outfits all at the same time!!

Creative Mama said...

JJ! love the post! So glad you guys got spoiled... it's soo nice to be celebrated by special folks...

Brini said...

Awww we love you too! So glad I got to be there, thanks for inviting me!