Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Dress For Free!

I was SO excited when I ran across this tutorial about how to make a baby dress using an adult-size t-shirt. I just love the idea of recycling an old piece of clothing to make something new and beautiful.

So, I found our bag of clothes that we were planning to donate, and I set aside some potential candidates. I found a plain brown t-shirt of Dave's that I knew would work perfectly. I grabbed a dress out of Lucy's closet and used it as a template. I had to make a few alterations, but I LOVE how it turned out (please excuse the wrinkles!)

The ruffles just kill me.

I plan to make many more of these in the future.

14 comments:

Jenn said...

this is so adorable! and it seems so practical. :)

Unknown said...

It came out so cute! I love the color too :)

Mae Burke said...

try tuts for pillow case dresses! too easy!

Creative Mama said...

O my. so cute.

Anonymous said...

oh i LOVE this! I am really inspired to learn how to sew!!

brooke said...

Now I want to find a giant tshirt and make one of these for me.

Elisabel said...

It's perfect, even w/the wrinkles.

Judy Kellner said...

Lucy is to young to have wrinkles!

Anonymous said...

the headband you made for her would look adorable with this dress!! :)

kierstin said...

so cute! i need to place my order with you for some baby girl outfits---love the Avalon dress too. you need to open a baby boutique!

Andrea said...

This is simply adorable! I have a little girl due in January and I must make some of these for the hot summer months in Arizona!

K. Funk Nasty said...

Stop being so creative and crafty! You're making the rest of us look bad. :)

Damier Azur said...

Nice article. I could not bear to send my parents to a nursing home. In home care is the way for me.

Nicole said...

How did you do this?! Do you have a pattern?