I was inspired to use one of Dave's old t-shirts to make a cute headband for Lucy. Here's a breakdown of what I did:
1. I measured Lucy's head with elastic to see how big I should make it.
2. I cut off the very bottom strip of the shirt and threaded the elastic through the already-made casing.
3. I sewed the headband closed, creating a circle.
4. I followed this tutorial to make the flower.
5. I threw the flower into the washing machine with a load of laundry, and then I dried it. It gave it a lot more shape (I can't wait to see what happens when I use regular cotton fabric instead of cotton jersey).
6. I sewed the flower onto the headband!