Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Old Presents

Here's a sweatshirt that I personalized for my mom. It was her birthday present a few months ago (I forgot to post it). My Dad coaches football at The King's Academy, and I'm pretty sure my mom is their biggest fan.

I made these pj pants for my wonderful sister-in-law as a Christmas gift. It was very helpful that we are similar in size so that I could keep trying them on throughout the sewing process (to make sure that I was on the right track). I even decided to go out on a limb and add a pocket. Good news... the pants fit her! Here I am modeling :).

4 comments:

Sarah M said...

I am impressed! I love the added touch of the pocket. I am going to have to try that on my next pair. How did you do the draw string? Is it just a string or is there elastic too?

*jj said...

It's just a string, but I think next time I'll use a long piece of elastic with the string sewn onto the ends so that it looks like it's all a string, but it has the benefits of elastic.

Jes said...

oooh I like that idea J! The pants are wonderful as is, but the added bonus of a little more help keepin' the pants up with elastic, as long as it's not too tight would be a great touch! Love 'em!

The Porter Family said...

Hey JJ...I think that you should start another "mini" store so that people can purchase pajama pants you make :) Like me!! Do they take a while to make? -Krystle