Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Bane of Dave

I asked Dave to paint the dresser in the nursery about 7 months ago, but he kept putting it off. "I'll have more time right before the baby comes," he said. You see, Dave hates painting anything besides walls. And so, with 6 days remaining before Lucy's due date, he finished the dresser! I am so thankful he was willing (though begrudgingly and with many sighs) to do this for me! He really did a wonderful job. I love how sparkly the knobs are that I bought from Anthropologie about 8 months ago.

Anyhow, here's the before:

And the after:



pretty :)

7 comments:

Sleepless Stitch said...

Very cute!

The Porter Family said...

That looks GREAT! Quite the transformation :) I'm totally jealous...you have such awesome ideas!!!

Anonymous said...

this is soo pretty:) i think lucy will love it:) (dave you did great!)

Pauly Heller said...

Way to go, David! As our Jewish family members would say, "What a mensch!"

Allison said...

That looks great! Especially with the two art projects above it! Love the decor!

Also, I think we have that same trash can/diaper pail. Are you planning on using cloth? I'd advise a pail liner/wet bag, but the plastic bucket inside is still pretty easy to clean if you need to use it without one.

Congratulations and wishing you a safe and happy birth!

Elisabel said...

It's so cute! The knobs are adorable.

Colleen Oakes said...

Perfect with the deer picture. I'm telling ya - submit your house for the cover of Real Simple..or "O" magazine. It will SO make it in.