Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Deer

I finished my cute little deer project a few days ago, but I could never find the time to take a photo of it during daylight (the flash would've made it much less cute). So here it is... finally!

I can't believe how retro these look, but I think they're still pretty whimsical and fun. I made the actual deer first, but it took me quite a while to figure out what setting to put her in. I finally decided on grass, a butterfly and some mushrooms, but there still seemed to be something missing up in the left corner. Dave suggested I make another tree branch... brilliant! Carol helped me decide where to place both pieces on the wall and I love it :).

9 comments:

Karen said...

These are great! I love how the deer picture's branches look like they're coming from the owl's tree. I love your crafty style.

Anonymous said...

I adore these both! I'm so impressed and inspired!

Alishia said...

Let's see some final photos before l'il Lucy arrives.

Pauly Heller said...

Adorable, JJ! I'm sure Lucy will love them both!

Elisabel said...

SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

this is to cute!!!! love it! you are so creative!!!! i am praying hard for you and dave (and little lucy!!!!) :) mary

The Porter Family said...

Those are so precious! Are you going to be putting some on your etsy store?! you totally should...I would buy one FOR SURE!

Jes said...

So cute J! Can't wait to see it in person in a couple weeks! Yay for babies and crafty people!

Sleepless Stitch said...

I love the retro look! They are both so cute. :)