Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Guest Bedroom



We've been able to use our guest bedroom quite a bit in the last year. I think we've had 10 guests stay there so far (not all at the same time of course :). 


It was originally tan, then I decided to paint it red to make it feel cozy... turns out it was a little tocozy and dark. 












I realized that no matter what I did to try to accessorize the red room, nothing felt quite right. So, I decided to paint it white (even though Dave refused to help... since we had just painted the room red a few months earlier). I LOVE the way it turned out. The difference is more dramatic than the photos reflect. The fresh white walls are a better fit for our cottage-style home. Yay.

3 comments:

Creative Mama said...

J you moved the direction of the bed since I was there... I like it that way wayyy better... opens up the room... it looks soo nice... and airy...

Judy Kellner said...

One big BOO for David. How could he refuse to help the love of his life? The room does look better white and I'm proud of you for not calling it quits but grabbed your paint brush and went to work...you go girl!

*jj said...

Ha! I knew what I was getting myself into... he said that if I really wanted it to be painted, that I would have to do it myself :). It was worth it, though!