Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Manly Quilt?


I made this quilt as a thank you gift for our friend Mitch. He did a fabulous job producing our last record, so I want to make him something that would be meaningful.

The challenge was to try to make a quilt look masculine so that it could be used in the studio. The decor in the decidedly "manly space" includes ethnic wood carvings and fabrics, aliens and spaceships, and, last but not least, skeletons. So how to find fabrics that include these elements and still look good...


I was really pleased with the way it turned out, and Mitch loves it too!

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

Lovely design my friend! You are amazing!

Pauly Heller said...

You are so-o-o talented, JJ! I'm glad Mitch likes it. I like the feet sticking out at the bottom, too. :-)