Saturday, September 29, 2007

Adventures in Landscaping




Here's what it looked like before... in the spring. Hopefully the tulips will bloom again this year (but that's not why I'm blogging).




We replanted the little evergreen tree (that used to be by the small fence next to the front door) by the mailbox to bring some interest to that space. Hopefully those little bushes will bloom sometime soon! There are little buds forming on them, so I'm hoping we'll get to see some flowers before winter sets in.

















Here's "before" photo #2...

















We just planted a Skeeter's Broom Japanese Maple where our spiral tree used to be. It's a little misshapen, but it should grow to be about 6-7 feet tall. I'm thinking that I should really prune a lot off the top so that it looks more tree-like. Does anyone have any suggestions about that? I'm kinda scared because it's a slow growing plant. Anyway, we've wanted to plant a Japanese Maple for a long time, and I'm so glad we did it!