Monday, February 4, 2008

Ikea

Dave and I stopped by the Ikea in Atlanta on our way back home to Nashville. Going to Ikea seems like a really special adventure because there aren't any around our hometown. I could've stayed in the store for about 2 hours, but we had a long drive ahead of us, so we had to keep it short.
This blue chair is what I saw... and liked.. but had to leave at the store..

This is what I took home. These boxes were so cute and so cheap. They'll help me keep my sewing room a bit more organized.

I also bought some fabric. I know it's totally modern and completely different from what I usually do, but I thought it would be a fun departure. I'm planning to add some ribbon and perhaps a little butterfly applique to soften the look.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Please, please everybody take note of Dave's picture on the floor by JJ's super cute boxes! You gotta love it! Love the fabric, can't wait to see how it turns out! And I love the ribbon idea!

Pauly Heller said...

That's the same chair I have in my "reading room," J--only mine is white. IKEA was discontinuing the white one when I bought it, and I purchased an extra cover extra-cheap. I think Uncle Jim shot the photo of David on the floor.