We finally finished the kitchen. It's been almost done for awhile now, but I didn't want to post photos until it was completely done.
Here's a list of the changes:
1.Tear out cabinet on far right and "wavy" things
2. Add pendant light fixtures and dimmer switch
3. Sew and hang new half-curtain
4. Add bead-board around door
5. Re-drywall damaged ceiling
6. Paint the entire ceiling (it used to be painted tan)
7. Paint cabinets
8. Paint the non-bead-boarded wall "silver sage"
9. Purchase and install new hinges
Cost - Approximately $900, and much, much time. It makes such an unbelievable difference though. Our kitchen feels so much lighter and brighter both in the daytime and at night (because of the new pendant lights. Our friend, Brian did an excellent job leveling out our ceiling, and it makes it feel way more put together. We think the before and after photos are pretty dramatic!
A couple more photos...