Saturday, March 22, 2008

Conundrum

I've been working on another little custom dress, and it's been giving me SO MUCH TROUBLE (don't worry Molly... it always works out :). Because the light pink fabric looked like it might be a little see-through, I decided to try making a full lining for the first time. "It will be easy," I thought to myself with naive arrogance. Little did I know that this...

Would look like this when I turned it inside-out. I thought I had planned so carefully, but I ended up with a little tube of a dress. It's hard to tell from the photos what it actually looks like, but here are two different angles.


Needless to say, I tore it out and did it over... and it looks normal now. Yay!

5 comments:

TheWinnFamily said...

I'm not worried at all -I know it will be darling! I'm just sorry its giving you so much trouble! Feel free to walk away from it for a while, don't hurry on our account. :)

*jj said...

thanks! It's been a really good challenge. It's totally stretching my problem-solving skills. It will make it even a bigger accomplishment when I finish it:). AND.. I just got some really good inspiration for it.

Pauly said...

Adventures in sewing! Always another problem to solve ... and to stimulate your creativity. Now you know how to make a little tube-dress!

Stefanie said...

Hi JJ,
Just a random fan of your blog, but thought I would finally leave a comment to help with your dress!

Try sewing the lining to the front piece then the back piece before you actually stitch the two pieces together. I ran into the same problem, and this was the easiest solution I found. I'd be happy to send you some pics to show you what I mean. :)

Best of luck!

*jj said...

That makes sense. I will definitely do that next time! Thanks for the advice.