Saturday, March 22, 2008

Conundrum

I've been working on another little custom dress, and it's been giving me SO MUCH TROUBLE (don't worry Molly... it always works out :). Because the light pink fabric looked like it might be a little see-through, I decided to try making a full lining for the first time. "It will be easy," I thought to myself with naive arrogance. Little did I know that this...

Would look like this when I turned it inside-out. I thought I had planned so carefully, but I ended up with a little tube of a dress. It's hard to tell from the photos what it actually looks like, but here are two different angles.


Needless to say, I tore it out and did it over... and it looks normal now. Yay!

5 comments:

Molly W. said...

I'm not worried at all -I know it will be darling! I'm just sorry its giving you so much trouble! Feel free to walk away from it for a while, don't hurry on our account. :)

*jj said...

thanks! It's been a really good challenge. It's totally stretching my problem-solving skills. It will make it even a bigger accomplishment when I finish it:). AND.. I just got some really good inspiration for it.

Pauly Heller said...

Adventures in sewing! Always another problem to solve ... and to stimulate your creativity. Now you know how to make a little tube-dress!

Unknown said...

Hi JJ,
Just a random fan of your blog, but thought I would finally leave a comment to help with your dress!

Try sewing the lining to the front piece then the back piece before you actually stitch the two pieces together. I ran into the same problem, and this was the easiest solution I found. I'd be happy to send you some pics to show you what I mean. :)

Best of luck!

*jj said...

That makes sense. I will definitely do that next time! Thanks for the advice.